We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
Effective Date, August 20th, 2019
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU DIRECTLY AND VOLUNTARILY PROVIDE TO US:
- If you are a visitor to our Services, we may collect information that you provide to us when you use our Services to use or download our content, receive newsletters, or to get information about Editfeast promotions, content, products or events, you may be asked for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, other information and Unique Identifiers.
- We will also collect information about you at other points on our Services that state that your information is being collected, including without limitation, If you participate in our events or an activity such as a survey or sweepstakes, you may be asked for your name, email address and zip code, and to provide other types of information such as gender and personal interests, which may be associated with other personal information that has been obtained from or about you.
- We may collect information about the mobile or internet service provider you are using with your device to access the Website and/or send us messages.
- If you contact us, you will need to provide your name and e-mail address.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
IP ADDRESS AND OTHER TECHNICAL INFORMATION. When you access and use our Services, we may collect information provided from the servers used by you or your vendors, such as information and data that is automatically collected upon visiting the Website and our platforms. Editfeast and our service providers may collect information about your visits to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services. We will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information. We may use the information to understand our visitors and the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests and to create a better experience.
LOCATION. We collect information about your location based on sources from the IP address from which you connect and while you are using a mobile device, we may automatically collect geo-locational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Collection of this information occurs only when the Site or our Platforms are running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such information by adjusting your browser settings, in which case we will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set by following the directions provided by your browser or by your Internet provider's "help" file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit our Website and Platforms however, if you disable cookies you may not be able to log in to the Services or to use certain features of the Services. When personal information collected through a third-party cookie, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties or the content of their websites.
WEB BEACONS AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY. We use small graphic images or other web programming code called “Web Beacons” (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”), and other tracking tools (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on the Site and the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for many reasons including, without limitation, to count visitors to the Site, the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag was viewed, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails and Newsletters that were sent were actually opened and clicked on or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. We may use them in combination with our cookies to provide offers and information of interest to you. Web Beacons may also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit the Services or other websites.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING: We use third-party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of the Site and Services, to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click, search terms and other similar usage information, and analyze performance metrics and other actions taken in connection with the Site and Services. We use all the information provided from our third-party tracking tools in combination with our cookies to understand our visitors and to provide offers and information of interest to you.
We and our third-party service providers may use such data to diagnose problems with our servers and software, to administer the Services, to gather demographic information and to target advertising to you on the Services and elsewhere online.
These third parties may also use these technologies, along with activity information they collect, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile device and a laptop or other computer. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. We may receive information and data about you from third party companies with whom we enter into a partnership and business relationship. We may add and use this information to the other information we have collected about you.
TARGETING. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads, links, content and create products relevant to your interests on the Site and third?party sites based on how you interact with our content, links and ads. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content, links and ads that have been delivered to you.
All such third parties, function as our agents, performing services at our instruction and on our behalf. Third parties may use Tracking Technologies in connection with our Site, which may include the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. We may not control those Tracking Technologies and we are not responsible for them. You may opt out of having your personal information transferred to any or all of our categories of agents by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Understand our visitors and how the Site and Services are being used. By recognizing patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Site, Services and Products to improve your experiences.
- Provide you (with your consent) with information, Services or products, that we otherwise believe will interest you, to provide relevant content on the Site and Platforms, including advertisements regarding products and Services of ours or third parties both on the Services and elsewhere online.
- Send you electronic newsletters or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of Us or third parties, including to let you know about new features on the Site, Services and products, or upcoming events to enable you to participate; and to enable you to participate to administer and process contests, sweepstakes, and promotions.
- We may send you surveys regarding our Services and Products time to time to evaluate our work and business, to optimize your experience on the Site and Platforms. We use the result of our surveys to understand our visitors, their interests and like to create a better Site and Platform for our visitors.
- Communicate and respond to general inquiries, answer your questions and to provide related customer service and care including responding to, complaints, or comments and sending surveys (with your consent) and processing survey responses. We also seek feedback regarding our Services, Platforms and Products. We communicate with you regarding our current and future product and service offerings. We use the information and data for internal business purposes, such as to improve the Site, Services, Products and to create new features and Services.
- We may use data we receive from our third-party partners to match multiple devices linked with the same identifier as devices belonging to the same user or household. We may use this information to deliver targeted advertisements across multiple devices on behalf of ourselves or third parties.
- We reserve the right to share your information with certain third parties and government authorities in other circumstances, including when complying with legal process and in response to a subpoena or court order. We will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties preventing fraud or imminent harm and/or ensuring the security of our network and services; Safety or other rights of us or other users third parties or the public at large if we believe that you have abused the Services by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
- We may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of us or the Site, to help us manage and provide the Services, including development of our websites and applications, maintenance and support, personalization, email distribution, measurement and improvement, sweepstakes/contest administration. We may use third-party and work with entities to provide us services such as manage a database of customer information; hosting the Site; designing and/or operating the Site’s features; tracking the Site’s activities and analytics; and to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We may provide third parties with access to your information to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. Third-party analytics and other service providers may set and access their own technologies on your device, and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you. We are not responsible for those third-party technologies or activities arising out of them.
- We may share your information and data we collected from you, including your Personal Information, Device Identifiers, Location, Demographic and Usage Information with our parent company, partners, investors, subsidiaries, affiliates and joint ventures. If you would like us to stop providing your information and data to our affiliates for their own marketing purposes, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
- We work with other companies to perform certain business-related services and may disclose personal information to certain types of third-party companies but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. We may share your usage information with third parties for ad distribution and ad optimization (defined as the tailoring, targeting (i.e., behavioral, contextual, and retargeting), analyzing, managing, reporting, and optimizing of ads). We will disclose your information to our employees, contractors, affiliates, distributors, dealers, vendors and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Services, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services for our Site and Platforms. When the information collected from or about you does not identify you as a specific person, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors and users to the Site, Services, Platforms, and Products, we might analyze your information in aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site, Services, Platforms, and Products. We may share information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- In accordance with your consent.
EU USERS. If you are in the EU, you have certain additional rights and protections under the law regarding the collection and processing of your personal data. If you are a user in the EU, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to have certain personal data corrected or erased. You also have the right to data portability, and to restrict certain processing of your data in certain circumstances. You also have the right to complain to your data protection authority if you have any complaints about how we process your personal data.
If you are in the EU, we will collect and process your personal data in order for us to run a successful Site and Services (e.g. to communicate, create content, advertise, create products, events) Where you have given your consent. please note that you can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. Your Californian Privacy Rights: A Notice to California Users (California Civil Code Section 1798.83). Under the California “Shine The Light” law residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. Any California resident may choose to opt-out of the sharing of such personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by directing such request at email@example.com Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
CHILDREN. The content and services provided by us or our affiliates, sponsors and advertisers, including without limitation both mobile and online versions of our Website, Platforms and Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 16 and you should not access such content or services if you are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Website, Platform and Services, nor is any such information knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Website and Platforms. If you are under the age of 13, please do not give us any personal information. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us using the details in the Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
We will provide you with direct access to functionality from other third parties and they may store, collect or otherwise have access to your information when you interact with their Tracking Technologies, content, tools, apps or ads on our Site and Services or link to them from our Site and Services. The placement of social media widgets, or advertising units on the Site can permit these third parties, including such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn or other third party posting or content sharing tools. They can have access and can see information about you and your activities via cookies, web beacons and other technologies they place and/or access on your browser or device, even if you do not interact with them. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of such third parties and, therefore, you should review such third-party privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to requesting information from or otherwise interacting with them.
RESPOND TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS. While some internet browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked, these features are not yet uniform and there is no common standard that has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators. At this time, we do not respond to such “do not track” requests, although we may choose to do so in the future
SECURITY. We incorporate commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and your use of our Site and Services and provide us with your information at your own risk.
You may request changes to the user information you have provided to us by contacting us at email@example.com. Following receipt of a request from you, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer choose to use our Services or the Site, you may request changes to the user information you have provided to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
OPTING OUT: If you want to be removed from our marketing list and do not want us to send you email, postal mail or other messages about our products and services, you can opt out. To do so, please send an email to email@example.com with the word “REMOVE” in the subject line, or to use the unsubscribe option to opt out. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the link located on the bottom of our marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you.